Your personal wedding experts

Inspire Organise Create Support

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Silver (Wedding) Bells

Thinking about Christmas this morning I was struck by the similarities to a wedding: lots of friends and family, decorations, beautiful food, gifts and sparkly things like candles and fairylights. While a complete Christmas theme may seem a little over-embellished for some, I love the idea of taking the key decor elements and using them as the basis for a beautiful celebration!

What about sparkling silver tealights, bold red flowers and chains of fairylights? I love the fact that red is the colour of love, silver signifies refined elegance and green is representative of a new beginning - when you think about it, they're great colours for a wedding. A monochrome palette with silver accents and highlights of either red or green is a bold and celebratory colour scheme.

Images Top - Imperial Tealight Holder, Silver Star Bomboniere & Ring Pillow all from Modern Wedding Shop
Middle - Ribbon String Lights from Modern Wedding Shop, Natural Lights Photography, Le Montage
Bottom - Soho Photography, The Bouquets of Ascha Jolie, Love Beyond Measure Spoons from Modern Wedding Shop


I love how Christmas gets everyone together, much like a wedding. What's your favourite part of Christmas? Let us know what you think of our take on a modern celebration theme!

Don't forget to enter our Wendy Makin Bridal Gown competition and swing by our Twitter and Facebook pages and say Happy Christmas and let us know how your planning is going :)

Enjoy!
R xox

No comments:

Post a Comment