Your personal wedding experts

Inspire Organise Create Support

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake!

We are just about to start shooting for the NEW edition of Modern Wedding Cakes magazine, and we're all enjoying a bit of a "bake-and-cake love fest" right now! Sweet, pretty, luscious, glorious cakes! The Modern Wedding offices have become a little domestic goddess-y lately as we've all been enjoying baking, sharing and tasting our own favourites, and checking out all the incredible cake creations from our talented Bakers & Cake Decorators. This is going to be an amazing magazine... and I thought that while I'm in the mood for food, I'd share some of our latest loves!

Top to Bottom, Left to Right: Iced Affair, That's My Cake!, Casa Del, The French Lettuce
Top to Bottom, Left to Right: Celebration Cakes, Mezzapica Cakes, Oakleigh Quality Cakes, SweetArt
Mmmm... Deeeelicious! Colourful, fun, sweet and tasty. I want to make like Marie Antionette and eat cake all day long! At least your wedding is the perfect excuse to have the most delicious, extravagant and gorgeous cake you can possibly think of...

What is your wedding cake going to be like? Red velvet? Chocolate? Cupcakes? What colour icing are you having? What inspired your wedding cake design? Let us know! Leave your comments or stop by our Facebook Fan Page say howdy or Tweet us @ModernWeddingOz.

Enjoy & Stay Sweet! :)
R xox

p.s. are you a Modern Wedding Member yet? Become one for loads more creative cake ideas, tips and tricks and groovy planning tools. Sweet!

5 comments:

  1. loving the cupcakes!!! thats what i want for my wedding. i saw somewhere little square cupcakes with icing-ribbons (so they look like little presents) with a bigger one on top to cut. that's what i want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want red velevet cake for my wedding. Who makes that? I want a nice one, but I've asked a few people and they've said they don't know where to get it. Can you suggest please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    In Sydney you can get Red Velvet cake if you request it specially. The following bakers & cake decorators make it:

    SweetArt in Paddington & Sydney City 9361 6617
    Sugar Princess in Dee Why 9971 0097
    Iced Affair in Camperdown 9519 3679
    Pasticceria Mancuso in Burwood 9744 2247
    (Pasticceria Mancuso also make a red velvet chocolate mud cake as another option, which we're told is better for larger cakes as it's heavier than regular red velvet cake and can hold more icing & decorations)

    Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank u thank u thank u!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are are all wonderful in their own way. I couldn't pick my favorite.. I make gumpaste flowers and I like to see what cakes are in style and just get ideas when making gumpaste flowers..

    ReplyDelete